Android Studio gradle build error: 'The first result of the daemon was empty.Most likely the process died immediately after connection'

I fixed this by removing a masquerade rule from my postrouting NAT table.

[[email protected]]: iptables -t nat -L
Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         
MASQUERADE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
[[email protected]]: iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING 1

I still have other MASQUERADING rules in that table but they have specific source address masks rather than source "anywhere".

Finally I found the problem. Since I'm behind the GFW, I need to use a proxy in order to download things like Android SDK. I used proxychains and maybe I got the configuration for localnet exclusion wrong which stops gradle from connecting to the daemon.

Had the same issue after Android Studio closed unexpectedly. Solved it by doing File | Invalidate Caches/Restart

I was facing the same problem in Android Studio 3.However, none of the solutions mentioned here worked for me.With only 4 GB of RAM available ,the only thing worked for me was just changing the value specified for JVM args which is related to RAM in gradle.properties file like the following:

# Specifies the JVM arguments used for the daemon process.
# The setting is particularly useful for tweaking memory settings.

org.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx1536m

to:

org.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx512m

then File | Invalidate Caches/Restart--> Invalidate and Restart

This really did the trick.